I’m stunned: and so grateful and humbled. Thank you to Crazy Train to Tinki Town for stumbling upon my blog and finding it worthy and ‘versatile’ to earn this award; I’m glad that I’ve grown over these past few months (several months… oy ve!). Thank you, so very much. This award may seem like a trinket, but it carries much weight in our vast community of writers and it also carries with it huge responsibility; that being that we get out and support each other. For as we do, our readers do – they will or they won’t as it is only a matter of individual taste and we can’t determine what each individual will agree with, like or dislike – but it’s important to know that we can all learn from each other as we carry on our individual quests into our unknowns.
This has been a wonderful journey for me and I am honored and grateful to accept this award. Now, in doing so there are a few rules…
The rules of receiving this are as follows:
1. Add the award to your blog
2. Thank the blogger who gave it to you and include a link to their blog.
3. Mention 7 random things about yourself.
4. List the rules.
5. Give the award to 15 or more bloggers.
The Seven Random Things about me are:
- I love the smell of cotton. Fresh cotton. This comes from when I was a girl and my mother used to make my dresses. Cotton was sturdy (and cheap) and I can remember going to sleep to the sound of the sewing machine, only to find a fresh new dress hanging on my closet door. Oh, how wonderful it smelled!
- I Love, LOVE to cry… at movies (fyi-with friends I make it a rule that no one is allowed to cry alone in my presence). I love it so much that I make an appointment with myself if too much time has gone by. I just pop in a good chick flick and away they roll. It was such a phenomenon that my ex husband would judge the quality of a movie by how many times I cried (was that a ‘two tear’ or a ‘ three tear’ Sweetie?). Yep, I LOVE crying… at movies that is. “Laughter through tears is my favorite emotion” is my favorite line from Steele Magnolia’s and it describes me to a tee.
- When I was a girl, I wanted pierced ears so badly that I used to glue beads to my ear lobes. And… because that wasn’t realistic enough, I would take twine, tie it in a knot, cut out the knot and glue the knot onto the back of my ear. You know, in case people could see the back of my ears when my hair was pulled back! (there had to be a backside, gees!)
- My favorite snack is raw potatoes, sliced with a little salt… try it, you just might like it.
- Even in my ripe old age (oh no… I’m not tellin’ that…) I LOVE to swing. No, not swing as in ‘swinging’ like swapping keys or wives, but the kind you find in a park. I will go to the school up the street after dark and swing for hours on end.
- My favorite body of water is the river. I’m actually not sure you can call this a body of water, but I love rivers more than the ocean, a lake or the sea. I don’t really know why. There is something that is so serene about the rambling of the water and knowing that it’s going somewhere, it’s moving. Ahhh…. I just love it!
- I’m dyslexic, never liked school. But finally got my degree in 2005.
This is a difficult job (but enjoyable, I assure you!) … So, in no particular order the award goes to:
1. Bucket List Publications is a delightful sight as it takes you through journey after journey as they not only make their own dreams come true but those of fellow readers too. It is truly delightful!
2. Bloomanyway is a married mother’s life’s journal taking us through highs and the lows; but mostly how overwhelming life can be. She is truly endearing.
3. Soulblindministry I don’t even know where to start with this one; except that he touched me. His story, his posts; such an inspiration. Christian or not, faith is something that we can all use.
4. Leegal Deeva is simply refreshing – like a crisp salad on a hot day; honestly. Just delightful.
5. Meant For Something Better, an advice blog/column of sorts. A refreshing look at our own struggles through the eyes of a brave women who’s been there.
6. The Tosin Teatime is simply delicious as she takes us into her virtual ‘tea time’ with her exploits. It is set up – in my mind… not sure this is how she meant it – as a virtual tea room, excellent! So hope you will stop in and sit back with your favorite cup and enjoy as I do.
7. Zazen Life ; talk about versatile! This blog takes you through it all (warning, some images aren’t for the queasy), but they are very informative and many fun. Bravo!
8. The Cadence of My Heart; She is endearing as she too goes through the daily challenges, ups/downs of life. She inspired me to write a 40-day Love Myself Challenge and I would encourage anyone else to do the same.
9. Life Aisle; A wonderful place to go to know ‘you’re not alone’… that is how I feel when I read this wonderful blog.
10. The Wanderlust Gene; a talented photograph/blogger taking us on their exploits in a land that I would have loved to have visited (having friends from there).
11. Hooked On; this blog is like a breath of fresh air; so enjoyable.
12. Hilary Makes; it’s like a real life Julie and Julia… OMG I LOVE this blog… and yes, it’s versatile… FOOD!
13. Moment Matters; I don’t know why but this struck something in me… perhaps it was the passing of my sister but this is a must see blog.
14. A Nurses Notes: this blog is from the eye’s of a nurse telling the story of her patients (the untold stories of triumph and pain).
15. Introspection During Quiet Time; all I can say about this is that the author is funny, matter of fact and, again, refreshing. A must read.